The Harriet Tubman Institute is pleased to announce the Greta Coger Student Travel Fund for 2018.
The Coger Fund provides travel support to a maximum of $500 per Tubman graduate student for the purposes of presenting a scholarly paper and/or conducting research outside of the Greater Toronto Area. Funding will only be awarded towards the cost of travel to and from the conference and/or research destination.
To be eligible for the Travel Fund, applicants must be Tubman Associate Graduate Students at York University (part-time or full-time) and have attended at least four (4) Tubman events in the academic year prior to the deadline of the application.
Include the following documents when submitting the attached application:
- An abstract of your presentation (if applicable)
- A copy of your acceptance or invitation letter (if applicable)
- A copy of the conference program (if applicable)
- Research Summary outlining the reason for travel (for research travel)
- Letter of support from supervisor (for research travel)
- Official travel receipt or quote (including online travel services)
- List of four Tubman events attended from September 1, 2017 – April 30, 2018
Deadline: May 15, 2018. Decisions will be announced mid-June 2018.
Drop-off or mail completed application packages to:
The Greta Coger Graduate Student Travel Fund
The Harriet Tubman Institute, 321 York Lanes
4700 Keele Street
Electronic applications will not be accepted.