A Desperate Road to Freedom Musical workshop
Dancing Music on a Desperate Road, movement meets music workshop led by choreographer Kevin A. Ormsby (Kashedance) and david sereda (Sheatre), on Saturday November 30 at the Courthouse Theatre (St. Catherines) from 10am to 2pm and Sunday December 1 at the National Ballet School (Toronto). Students are $15 and adults $25.
The musical, A Desperate Road to Freedom, is inspired by the Underground Railroad, an important part of Canadian and St. Catharines history.
This workshop is open to those 14 and up. It would be of interest:
- to those who sing, dance or act, and who want to see how all those elements work together
- to people who have a family connection to the Underground Railroad, or want to learn more about that incredible time
- to those interested in learning more about Spirituals and the “call and response” method of learning and building songs
- to those who want an intensive arts experience with established and mid-career professionals
- to those interested in dance and movement from the African Diaspora
- to those who wonder how an original musical is developed
They are moving forward in stages in St. Catharines, Toronto and Owen Sound. Those who become involved will be the first to hear of future workshops and showcases.
Their Facebook page of A Desperate Road to Freedom is also a good way to learn about the project.
Register for the St. Catharines workshop and/or for the Toronto workshop.
Posted in News. Tagged A Desperate Road to Freedom musical, Underground Railroad.
289 228 3647