Call for applications for the Grace and David Taylor Graduate Scholarship in Caribbean Studies
The Centre for Research on Latin America and the Caribbean (CERLAC), announces the call for applications for the Grace and David Taylor Graduate Scholarship in Caribbean Studies. The Grace and David Taylor Graduate Scholarship in Caribbean Studies is intended to support PhD students at York University whose research is related to Caribbean studies so that they might focus on research during the fieldwork phase of their studies or while writing their thesis. Recipients will be selected based on academic excellence, significance of proposed research, likelihood of completion, and financial need. Preference will be given to a PhD student whose dissertation proposal has been accepted. The 2015 award consists of $5,000.
Interested applicants will be required to provide a nomination package to CERLAC no later than March 15, 2015 in order to be considered for this scholarship.
Nomination packages should include the following:
- a statement (no longer than three pages) outlining the areas of research and the importance of this research as it relates to Caribbean studies. Also, please include a clear statement of your financial needs and a timeline of how you envision finishing your degree,
- a sample of your research,
- a current CV,
- academic transcripts (can be submitted up to 1 weeks after the application deadline)
- two letters of reference; and
- Applicants must also complete the Student Financial Profile (SFP).
Send applications to:
8th Floor, Kaneff Tower
4700 Keele Street
Preference will be given to a PhD candidate (applications from Master students will not be considered) with an approved dissertation proposal on file with the Office of the Dean, Graduate Studies, for distribution in the Summer term for the year of consideration. By virtue of applying for this scholarship, students agree to share their statements with the donor who has established the scholarship.
Applicants can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, for further information on this scholarship.
Posted in Graduate Student News, News. Tagged CERLAC, Grace and David Taylor Graduate Scholarship in Caribbean Studies.